Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Butterfly Basics


Hey Everyone.. I have a share today.. I have a few birthdays to celebrate in the next few weeks.. So I broke down and made a few cards for my stash. My Sister-in law celebrates her birthday on St. Patrick's Day, and I always try to send her a card that is not a combined St. Pats/Birthday card. This year I used the new Butterfly Basics Set from the Occasions mini catalog. Lots of cards being made with this set as of late, so there is lots of inspiration out there on the Internet..:) Here is my/her card -


I chose to use some of the All Abloom DSP from the main catalog. I forgot that I even had some.. and how could I.. so many fun and bright patterns.. I cut my butterfly out, added it, but I thought it looked a little flat against the papers, so I cut out a second butterfly, but used window sheet this time, it added the perfect amount of depth I was looking for.


 I also colored my designer vintage buttons with my lightest Rich Razzleberry  blendabilities marker, to add a pop of color, and bring it all together. :) OK, I need to be off to get this puppy in the mail. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! 



Heather

Stamps - Butterfly Basics
Paper - Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Window sheet, All Abloom DSP stack, Crumb Cake
Ink - Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, 
Accessories - Big Shot, Butterflies thinlits, Circle thinlits,  Mellow Moss Stitched Satin Ribbon, Designer Antique Faceted buttons, Blendabilities marker, Linen thread, Glue Dots, Sahara Sand 5/8 lace trim, Sponge, Distressing tool, paper piercing tool 

1 comment:

Carol Carriveau said...

Your card is lovely!!!! Love the colors and the buttons that all go so well with the DSP background!

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...