Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Sun on my back

 Hi Everyone! I have got to say that I have missed you..:) In the last month or so.... my life has been crazy.. In April, just after my last post, my town was under water. Just like many towns in the Chicagoland area we were affected by the flooding of the DesPlaines river. Here are some pictures from my front steps -
 

 
Like most, if not all around us, we got water. :(  My stamp room is in the basement, where we got water. Double :(( I lost only a few things in my room, but getting the rest of the basement back together was a slow process. But its done.. so I can finally come up for some air... and get into other things that are not so depressing. I have been in the yard for the past week.. letting the sun warm my back and sooth my soul.....
 
 
 
  
 


 
 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! I will be back with some paper goodness very soon. :)
 
 
Heather :)
 


4 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you had to deal with this, and happy for you that you didn't loose too much of your stamping stuff. I just had a tiny leak where I store my paper and was fortunate to get it out before any damage. Love your yard art and flowers - beautiful.

Mary Ann said...

So very sorry,Love your yard work,can you please tell me how you made that stand with your pots,It is awesome!scrappingg.blogspot.com/

Alice said...

I have been through a flood similar to yours, and I feel for you. You were fortunate to lose so little of your supplies -- and smart to make the outdoors beautiful as soon as possible. Good luck to you and your town as you continue to recover, you'll be seeing mud in your dreams for a long while.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

So sorry you had to deal with the flooding! At least it wasn't sewer water....when I lived in the city there was a huge storm and the sewers backed up! I lived in an attic so I was safe haha but a friend needed me to help clean out his basement he rented out! ICK :-) Love the planter! Hope everything is a-ok now!!!! Waving from "downstate"!

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...