Friday, September 2, 2011

Sublime

Hi Everyone! I have a quick post for you today... As you know from yesterdays post, I have been on the look out for my Mojo.. I did catch a glimpse of it yesterday, and I thought it wise to continue on my search, and get a little creative, to help the juices flow a little more. When I am in a rut, I usually like to page through publications, and get inspired that way. Well Yesterday was no exception. I found this Uber fantastic card in a publication, and HAD to recreate it, but with adding my little touches here and there. This card also happens to fit the Free for All Friday challenge over on Split Coast, and I LOVE when that happens! :) Here is my card -


Isn't it "Sub-lime?!" (he-he) For the Body of the sub, I used the center of the Scallop Oval Frame for the Bigshot. I paper pierced around the oval to make it look like little rivets, and constructed my periscope using a 1/2" circle punch cut in half, and scraps left on my cutting table. The sentiment is from that old and trusty Loads of love Accessories. I just stamped it and cut it up to break up all the white. I think it turned out "sea"riffic! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! Details below -


Heather :)

Stamps - Loads of Love Accessories
Paper - Daffodil delight, Basic Gray Textured, Whisper White, Poppy Parade
Ink - Black, More Mustard
Accessories - Big Shot, Scallop Oval frame Die, sm. oval punch, 3/4" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, Heart to heart punch, Paper Piercing tool, Sponge, Dimensional dots

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love it. It is on my CASE list.

Patsy Ingram said...

What a cute card for a little boy.
Super job, Heather, I think you don't have a problem with creativity. Whereever it was hiding, you found it again.....

Rose said...

Hey girlie! I love your yellow submarine!! Adorable as always!! Have a great Labor Day weekend!

kelkkb said...

My brother is a big Beatles fan, so a yellow submarine card would be such a BIG hit with him. It is adorable. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jenny Young said...

Super Cute - I love it!! I'd say that you don't need to look for that Mojo, it's apparent that you've got it! :D --Jenny

Anonymous said...

Love it!! So cute. The paper piercing makes it.
Marnie

Jennifer said...

Adorable card!

Unknown said...

Love this card. I have a friend who is a big Beattle fan. His birthday is coming up and he would really like this card!

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...