Monday, September 19, 2011

A New Favorite

Hello Everyone! What a weekend....Did yours fly by in a blink of an eye too?? I had grand plans of getting to some VERY needed yard work, but the weather was not in my favor, so I got busy inside with a toy room that also needed ALOT of attention. All the Lego's are in their proper places instead of in the laundry baskets, and under beds. :) I swear they multiply when the lights go out at night. ( Maybe I need to invest in some of those night vision goggles, and surprise them yelling "Yup the jig is up!!" )
So when all the work was left to two little boys, I took a break, and got a little stamping time! YEA!! I had yet to clean up my desk from the last 2 cards I made, so there were scraps on my desk, and I put them to use. Here is my card, using what I think might become a new favorite color of mine -



Can you believe I even said that!? Calypso Coral a Favorite? Well......I 'll give it a few more chances, and then I will give you a definite answer. :) For my border on the side I used the decorative label punch combined with a stamp from the coordinating stamp set called Four Frames. I punched out the Frame and attached it to a label punched from Soft Suede. I just offset it a little to create a frame. The flower was made with the Fancy flower punch, and the floral fusion sizzix die. I distressed the flowers with Soft Suede ink and water, then crumpled them to distress them a little more. I formed the flower center using basic pearls. I think the flower and frame I used paired nicely with the leaves from the set French Foliage, and the sentiment from Falling Leaves. That is all for me today, off to get the rest of the day complete....Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! Details below -


Heather :)

Stamps - French Foliage, Four Frames, Falling Leaves
Paper - Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory, Calypso Coral, Newsprint DSP
Ink - Versamark, More Mustard, Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade
Accessories - Big Shot, Floral Fusion die, Fancy Flower punch, Sponge, Crochet trim, Decorative label punch, basic Pearls, Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon, Dimensional dots

9 comments:

Ilene B. said...

It is a beautiful card Heather and one I will definitely have to "case" Thank you for sharing!

Carol Matthews said...

I really like this card too - so many neat ways of using 'standard' ideas. Thanks!

judy said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Heather! I'll have to try to duplicate. TFS

Elaine U. said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Heather!

Louise Brown said...

Beautiful card....love the Calypso Coral as well. Nice idea using your dec label punch for the border.
TFS
~Louise

Jen said...

This card is beautiful! I may be CASEing this too!

Julie Marshall said...

Such a pretty card! Love how you tied those leaves in ;)

Vicki Burdick said...

I adore this Heather, you are a rock star!!!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

I have to say, this is an unusual pairing of fall colors with the pink background. You've balanced it all prefectly. Stunning Ms. H!

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...