Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back to Basics


Did you ever feel sometimes you just need to get back to the root of it all or the basics? I have an upcoming club, and I have been trying to think of that WOW card. After a lot of trial and error, (too many layers, too much technique, etc.) I looked around my stamp room with a sigh, and this stamp set called my name.. (Well no not really *wink*) .. and I immediately knew what I was going to do. This set came in my starter kit oh so many years ago, and I rarely use it. It is so fun, that trusty old pick up truck. So I went back to my basics..paper and ink. I love the outcome. I stamped my image on confetti white, in Stazon, and water colored it with my aquapainter and reinkers. I found a leaf in Awash with flowers that went really well with this set, and used it to add a little whimsy to the card. I ran my cajun craze layer through the bigshot using the square lattice folder ( kinda looks like a brick road), and finished it off with some twill tape. Thanks for taking a peek. Details below -

Stamps - Loads of Love and Accessories, Awash with flowers,  Paper - More Mustard, Crumb cake, Confetti White, Cajun Craze, Very vanilla, Ink - Stazon, old olive, Early Espresso, Pumpkin pie, Accessories - aquapainter, big shot, square lattice folder, mini library clip, twill tape, dimensional dots

No comments:

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...